I made this cushion from ties from a charity shop as a wedding present. The receivers love it and I have to say I do to! The fabrics are lovely soft silk but for the fraction of the shop bought price.
1. Unpick the ties, remove the innards and cut off the points.
2. Cut 53cm lengths for a 50cm x 50cm cushion.
3. Play around with the pieces so that you have a nice colour range for each side. Alternate wide pieces with slim pieces and make sure the wide end alternates to get evenish stripes.
4. Sew the pieces together along the length of the strips to create the two sides of the cushion cover.
5. Trim down the sides so the width is 53cm.
6. Add the zip and sew up the other side seams.
7. Hey presto a cushion cover!