With welt pockets, princess seams and lining this is a good pattern to develop your sewing skills.
The instructions were very clear and if you run into issues there is an online sewalong with even more detail. The only time I needed to consult the sewalong was when making the welt pockets.
I used a 1cm seam allowance on the lining side seams as my lining has no give whereas the shell does and there is only a little extra ease in the back piece for the lining.
I found it quite difficult to attach the cuffs on the sleeves following the pattern instructions due to the slimness of the arms and the thickness of all the layers of fabric. Next time I might try to think of a different order of sewing to reduce this issue. Maybe attach the cuff to the sleeve before sewing the sleeve seam.
I did a straight size 42 as both my bust and waist fell closest to this size. To choose the pattern size I measured Neck to shoulder, Shoulder to wrist, Waist and Bust as they seemed to be the areas where the jacket could be most ill fitting. If I had thought I would have measured shoulder to hem too. I compared my measurements to the sizes in the pattern booklet and the pattern pieces themselves (taking in to consideration seam allowances). While this can take a while I find that time spent here saves lots of time an correcting fit issues later on. The fit of this jacket is pretty much spot on.
I got the outer fabric and pattern from Mercers Fabric in Boston, MA. If you are ever in Boston go to this fabric shop as it is beautiful. I had trouble choosing what to buy as every fabric was lovely. It also has a great selection of indie patterns and enough haberdashery for your needs. The inner fabric is from Walthamstow Market which is great, check out Saeed’s Fabric if you want something special but not too pricey.
I am really pleased with this jacket in particular the professional finish with the lining. I can’t wait for the weather to get a bit warmer so that I can enjoy it without shivering! If I use this pattern again it might be fun to extend the front to make a proper biker jacket front with a zip. I may make it out of a thick jersey or even adapt it to make a blazer for work.